Friday, February 6, 2015

"The least of these"



"At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by 'I was hungry and you gave me to eat, I was naked and you clothed me, I was homeless and you took me in.' Hungry not only for bread - but hungry for love. Naked not only for clothing - but naked for human dignity and respect. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks - but homeless because of rejection."

"When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed."

"It's the greatest poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread."

"Our life of poverty is as necessary as the work itself. Only in heaven will we see how much we owe to the poor for helping us to love God better because of them.


-Mother Theresa




For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. - Matthew 25:35-40

~

Isn't so wonderful to know that while we are helping this people that we are actually doing this to Jesus? To me it's just so beautiful to know that. I don't know why but it really is and I'm glad I can be close to God through helping the poor and many more. For I know I am reaching God through this.

~

Lately I have been so engrossed in missionary work ( well the thought of it.) and being able to help people. Whether here in America or somewhere else. I've printed inspirational quotes, and read books ( Mostly Kisses from Katie <3). And just last year I watched Mother Teresa's documentary, and let me just say, it had me bawling for who knows how long--well except God. It made me hate my life and how comfortable I was, I just really disliked how a LOT of God's beautiful children were suffering while I was enjoying life. And it wasn't always enjoying life praising God. Sometimes it was enjoying life the worlds way. 

Since I knew I couldn't just up and go to my home country (Kenya) to help people, an idea came up in mind and it was almost as though God was right there speaking to me. I realized that I could be a servant where I was. I could still spread Jesus' love right where I am because though most live comfortable lives here than other countries, most of those comfortable lives are lived worldly--with many not knowing who God is. And those comfortable lives are not that comfortable anyways, because that's just a mask. Most are lonely and depressed. Money can't buy happiness after all. 

So for now I will be a servant right where I am. Even if it's at the Stereotypical High school I attend ( And believe me, the high school I go to makes those stereotypes come to life, sadly). But all I know is, God has me right where He wants me for now. All that is left for me to do, is trust and obey. 












I hope you were blessed with this post. 

Your sister in Christ
Zipporah. 







Photo credits to google and the edit is mine. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, thanks for writing this Zipporah! I've been thinking along the same lines for a while too (actually ever since I first read Kisses from Katie:).
    I'm sure God will bless your efforts to serve - and I'd enjoy hearing some of your ideas, and the ways you've had opportunity to be a missionary right where you are!
    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I will post what I have been doing sometime in the near future, God willing. Thank you for reading.

      Delete