Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Why I don't celebrate Christmas

Christmas, Christmas, oh what a joyful time.... for most, but what is truly Christmas? Why is it so popular? And for what reason do most people celebrate it anyway? Tradition, or just being raised up celebrating it? So many unanswered questions, but I'll try to give my take on this popular holiday around the globe. 


I assure you that if you look through the whole Bible, that Christmas is in fact not there. Shouldn't that be a clue that something isn't right and that you should pray and do your research to better understand the truth about this pagan holiday? And what shocks me so much is how popular it is, and for completely wrong reasons. If anyone should celebrate this holiday, why not do it right? Why take on the traditions of the world? 
  • For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. -Mark 7:8

I remember when my dad found out about how bad and deceiving this holiday is. He told us kids that our household will no longer celebrate it. I know I should have been sad, mad, or even shocked, but surprisingly I was ready to give it up, without even knowing the truth about it. I thought, well my dad must have a reason on why he's telling us this. But I assure you that not all my siblings agreed with what he said. Nevertheless I did my research.

This is the first video I ever watched about the history of Christmas, and it was also the first one to open a door to a new understanding about Christmas.  

It's a pretty long video, so I hope you have the time to view it and the many more I will post. :)

That video was all I needed to let go and let God. By this I mean that I wanted God to show me and lead me on what I should do about this holiday. So for my next research I learned more about the origins of things that put this holiday together. Like, the Christmas tree, Satan Claus (Santa Claus), the ornaments, the decorations, and even the date, December 25 itself. 


I came to realize that the more I learned about this holiday, the more I despised it and got angry that so many people follow through with it, even Christians. But I read a Bible verse that goes like this: 
  • Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days - colossians 2:16
And so I was astonished but I also took it as: treat your brothers and sisters in Christ kindly, no matter their beliefs and practices. I decided that though I dislike some things that people do, that I must treat them kindly because they are God's children. That being said, I don't judge someone, but I do judge what they do--their practices. ( Righteously judge.) 

So my research continued and I learned a lot about Christmas and it's lies. All the questions I had about it were practically answered in videos and articles, and a few Bible verses. 



I learned that Santa Claus rearranged is Satan Claus. This was quite funny when I found out about it. I learned that he's a liar. And I can testify on this, because when I was 11 I asked him for a bike and I've never seen it. It took me a long time to realize he was fake. He also doesn't see you when your sleeping and he does NOT know when your naughty or nice. Unless he's actually Satan himself.........? Hmm I wonder.

_____________________________________________________
Just a litte history read. To read more go to : http://www.hope-of-israel.org/cmas1.htm

"Indeed, it is admitted by the most learned and candid writers of all parties that the day of our Lord's birth cannot be determined, and that within the Christian Church no such festival as Christmas was ever heard of till the third century, and that not till the fourth century was far advanced did it gain much observance. How, then, did the Romish Church fix on December the 25th as Christmas-day? Why, thus: Long before the fourth century, and long before the Christian era itself, a festival was celebrated among the heathen, at that precise time of the year, in honour of the birth of the son of the Babylonian queen of heaven; and it may fairly be presumed that, in order to conciliate the heathen, and to swell the number of the nominal adherents of Christianity, the SAME FESTIVAL WAS ADOPTED by the Roman Church, giving it only the name of Christ. This tendency on the part of Christians to MEET PAGANISM HALF-WAY was very early developed....Upright men strove to stem the tide, but in spite of all their efforts, the apostasy went on, till the Church, with the exception of a small remnant, was submerged under Pagan superstition" (p. 93).

"That Christmas was originally a Pagan festival, is beyond all doubt. The time of the year, and the ceremonies with which it is still celebrated, prove its origin. In Egypt, the son of Isis, the Egyptian title for the queen of heaven, was born at this very time, 'about the time of the winter solstice.' The very name by which Christmas is popularly known among ourselves -- Yule-day -- proves at once its Pagan and Babylonian origin. 'Yule' is the Chaldee name for an 'infant' or 'little child;' and as the 25th of December was called by our Pagan Anglo- Saxon ancestors, 'Yule-day,' or the "Child's day,' and the night that preceded it, 'Mother-night,' long BEFORE they came in contact with Christianity, that sufficiently proves its real character" (pp. 93-94). 

By the way, Jesus was not born on snowy winter day. 

____________________________________________________

"Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel: Thus saith the Lord, LEARN NOT THE WAY OF THE HEATHEN, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them [such as the waning sun at the winter solstice!]. For the CUSTOMS of the people are VAIN [empty, useless, worthless]: for one CUTTETH A TREE out of the FOREST, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They DECK IT WITH SILVER AND WITH GOLD; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good" (Jer. 10:1-5).   ( This verse does not seem so jolly and happy about a Christmas tree.) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ THIS ARTICLE FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING ABOUT THIS HOLIDAY!! ( Just click on  the picture)

_________________________________________________________________________________

What do I do during this holiday apart from telling people the origin of Christmas?

 Though I believe this holiday should not pass without one doing anything. I think it's nice to visit homeless shelters, or to help people in need. Because this people probably know that help is more abundant during the holidays-- mostly Christmas holidays. 

Or hand out christian books or glow tracts. 




I could really go on about every single thing about Christmas but this blog post would be really long. But in short I will leave a few links and articles for you all to read for yourself.  

My motto about this holiday: "Why remember Jesus one day, when you can do it everyday. "


I leave you with this verse: 
Let us examine and probe our ways, And let us return to the LORD. - Lamentations 3:40 


Articles and Videos (please watch this videos, as I think my post is all over the place) 


PAGAN ORIGINS of CHRISTMAS: Part One

This is part one, but watch the rest on you tube of this series. 


The Real Truth Behind Christmas (pt.1)

Watch part 2 on you tube.



This is also helpful too : http://www.pearltrees.com/t/why-chirstmas-so-important-usa/non-christain-origins/id3811820


Go online and type "pagan origins of Christmas." A lot of articles come up. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Study to show thyself approved." 




Hope you gained a new understanding. Whether you celebrate this holiday or not. It's between you and God. 


Your sister in Christ,
Zipporah










CREDIT!!

All pictures from google
Videos from youtube
And articles mentioned links!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Zipporah! There's a lot of good information in it. We too don't celebrate Christmas, and it's nice to come across others who share the same understanding. :)
    God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really?! that's so cool Jessica. It is nice to find people with the same understanding. Blessings sis!

      Delete